Blissful Udaipur with Mount Abu
- Meals Paln Included
Rajasthan' s historic city of Udaipur is located about 400 km southwest of the state capital of Jaipur. It is named after its founder, Maharana Udai Singh, who founded the city in 1559 and made it the capital of his Mewar kingdom. It is a very popular tourist destination, famous for its many Rajput-era palaces including the iconic Lake Palace and several lakes including those of Pichola and Fateh Dagar. Udaipur is also a major centre for the performing arts, crafts and its famed miniature paintings.
The Shilpgram festival is a great crowd-puller every year. According to a legend Maharana Udai Singh was guided by a holy man meditating on the hill near Pichola Lake to establish his capital at that very spot. Surrounded by the Aravalli Ranges, forests and lakes, this location was relatively less vulnerable to external invasion. Maharana Udai Singh died in 1572 and was succeeded by Maharana Pratap who valiantly defended Udaipur from Mughal attacks.
Day 1 Arrive in Udaipur
- Arrive at Udaipur, also referred to as the ‘Venice of the East’, and proceed to the hotel.
- Check-in at the hotel and spend the rest of the day relaxing.
- The beautiful city of Udaipur has a rich history and culture. It was founded by Maharana Udai Singh in AD 1559. Renowned as the 'City of Lakes',
- Udaipur is a must-visit place in the state of Rajasthan.
- Numerous tourists from all across the globe visit the city to explore its beautiful natural and man-made structures.
- With shimmering blue lakes and towering monuments, the city is a perfect escape from the hustle-bustle of city life.
- Stay overnight at the hotel.
Day 2 Sightseeing in Udaipur
- Start your trip with a visit to the famous Pichola Lake. Situated in the heart of the city, this lake is one of the most sought-after tourist sites of this region. With the immaculate white marble building - Lake Palace Hotel on its bank and a backdrop of lush green hills, Pichola Lake looks like a painter's canvas.
- Towards the north of Pichola Lake is situated another pride of the city - Fateh Sagar Lake. This lake is marked by three islands, one of them being the Nehru Park, which is famous for its restaurant and zoo.
- Visit the famous City Palace situated on the banks of Pichola Lake. The palace has now been largely converted into a museum, where you can see interesting display of items that once were used by the royals.
- The museum possesses a myriad of arms, armor, sculptures, coins and inscriptions. Moreover, lovers of art would be delighted to see the antique Marwari paintings and detailed Rajasthani art on display here.
- Located in the City Palace complex, the Jagdish Temple is another star attraction of the city. A shrine devoted to Lord Vishnu, it was built in 1651 by the then ruler of the city - Maharana Jagat Singh.
- The temple has an Indo-Aryan style of architecture that is highlighted by pillars ornate with carvings, elegantly decorated ceilings and painted walls. You will be enchanted by the intricate carvings of animals, dancing girls and different patterns lining the temple walls.
- As the day proceeds, a visit to the Gulabh Bagh will be quite interesting. Spread over 100 acres of land, it is one of the largest gardens in Rajasthan. Famous for its variety of roses and orchids, the garden is a perfect setting to enjoy some light moments.
- To the delight of children, the garden also has a toy train and a small zoo.
Day 3 Drive from Udaipur to Mount Abu (165 km/approx. 3 hours)
- Drive to the next destination on the tour - Mount Abu.
- After you arrive in Mount Abu, check-in at the hotel.
- The only hill station in the dry lands of Rajasthan, Mount Abu served as a summer retreat to the royals in the past.
- The city offers a chance to visit ancient temples like the Dilwara Jain Temples, Achaleshwar Mahadev Temple and Rishikesh Temple.
- Apart from these architectural splendours, you can admire the immense natural beauty of the hill station from various vantage points like the Sunset Point and Guru Shikhar.
- In the evening, return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 4 Sightseeing in Mount Abu
- Proceed for an exciting tour of the city.
- Visit the famous Dilwara Jain Temples, a treasured Jain shrine built in white marble.
- The temple is dedicated to various Jain Tirthankaras, whose striking sculptures adorn the interiors. You can spend some time observing the beautiful marble carvings and detailed interiors of the temple.
- Afterwards, you may spend your time at leisure to visit Nakki Lake and explore the myriad of shops located around the lake area.
- Situated at a height of 1200 m above sea level, Nakki Lake is one of the largest man-made lakes in India.
- Enjoy a boat ride on the lake as the boatman narrates to you the legends of this mythical lake.
- Moreover, you can simply laze round and treat yourself with a hot cup of tea or coffee near the banks of the lake. Later in the evening explore the various shops and food joints at Nakki Lake Market.
- Return to the hotel for an overnight stay.
Day 5 Depart from Udaipur
- Good Bye Mount Abu !!!
- Drive from Mount Abu to Udaipur (165 km/approx. 3 hours)
- Travel to the Udaipur airport or railway station to make your onward journey.
- Tour Ends.
- A Non Refundable Deposit of Rs.20,000 per person to initiate a booking if Travel Date is more than 30 Days from the Date of Booking.
- Photocopies of the passport
- Prior to 30 days or more: Non – refundable deposit (25%of the total package)
- Between 29 - 20 days of departure: Non – refundable deposit + 25% of the Holiday Cost
- Between 19 - 14 days of departure: Non – refundable deposit + 50% of the Holiday Cost
- Between 13 - 08 days of departure: Non – refundable deposit + 75% of the Holiday Cost
- Prior to 7 days of the departure: 100% of the Holiday Cost
Note: If the entire tour is cancelled after ticket issuance then there would be 100% cancellation for airfare (base fare). Only taxes will be returned and for land 75% cancellation.
Terms & Conditions
- Standard check in time & check out time is 1400hrs and 1200hrs respectively unless specified otherwise. Requests for early check in or late checkout is subject to availability in hotel. Request for guaranteed early check in requires room to be reserved from the night prior to guest’s arrival which will be charged accordingly over and above the agreed rates.
- Breakfast served in hotel would be on international menu clubbed with some Indian dishes.
- com will process visa application for the group and will require the specified list of supporting documents for the same as per embassy regulations. However, Embassy reserves the right to grant the visa as will only act as a facilitator.
- Final day wise itinerary can only be modified by to accommodate all cost inclusions and commitments by in best possible way.
- It is advisable to carry at least USD 500 (or any applicable equivalent currency) per person for personal usage during the package depending on the cost inclusions. Immigration authorities might demand to show minimum USD 500 at the time of immigration from Indian nationals.
- Price quoted by is based on current rate of exchange, and reserves the right to amend these prices in case of any currency fluctuations and changes in various rates of exchange.
- Full payment is required on confirmation of all services and before departure
- Accommodation in a well appointed room
- Meal as per Plan
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- All Toll taxes, Parking & State Tax
- 50 % government service tax
- Anything not mentioned under ‘Package Inclusions’
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Camera fees, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, mineral water and starters
- Vehicle service on leisure days and for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Entrance fees at all monuments and museums mentioned in the itinerary
Hotels which have been tested in the past by us and are good value of money.
Hotel Karohi Haveli
Please enter the below details and we will call you back for booking. We are available between 9 am to 7 pm. Query sent after 7 pm shall be addressed on next working day.